Tuesday, April 2, 2013

So easy a kid can do it

A year ago, I would never have imagined being able to bake a cake in the microwave.  Then I was introduced to Celebrating Home, and my designer Tami baked a beautiful pineapple upside down cake in the microwave in about 10 minutes.  Pineapple upside down cake is my favorite, and it was delicious!!  After that, I became a designer, and Tami taught me how to bake cakes in the microwave using Celebrating Home's line of Ceramic cookware.  Now, I bake cakes for other women in my mixing bowls.  Mixing & baking in the same bowl makes for super simple clean up. 
It's so easy a kid can do it.  The cake pictured below was actually made in the microwave by my 11 year old son who was baking cakes in preparation for his Blue & Gold Ceremony in February.  I wish I had a really great recipe for the cake shown, but my son doesn't bake from scratch yet.  This cake was a devils food cake mix, mixed according to package directions.  No need to spray the pan because our ceramic cookware is *almost* stick free.  I have never had anything stick in my pottery.  So, even if you're not a "baker" you can bake a simple cake in the microwave in about 10 minutes that looks & tastes like you've slaved in the kitchen all day.  Visit my website to pick up pottery of your own. Do you like simple? Share this with your friends so they can simplify their life too :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment