Friday, April 5, 2013

Busy Mamma's

Can your spouse cook?  Mine can't...at least not very well. When I met him nearly 12 years ago, his idea of cooking was going through McDonald's drive-thru or putting a t.v dinner in the microwave.  I have taught him a few things over the years, he can do spaghetti or mac & cheese these days without too much trouble.  Enter 2012 when I decided to become a Designer with Celebrating Home.  I hosted my party at my friend Susan's house, and Tami was the Designer in charge of changing our lives forever with this magic bean pot she totes around.  I had been thinking of adding another line of income to my family, and that night, Celebrating Home spoke to me through Tami & her amazing food in less than 30 minutes.  Ok, so I order my business kit that night & a few days later I fell sick.  I had some kind of nasty respiratory infection, my head was stuffy, I felt like my chest was tight & I couldn't get a good deep breath in, but I was still getting up every morning & going to work.  I made it through the day & when I came home, I passed out leaving husband & son to fend for themselves for dinner.  I didn't want food, I just wanted sleep & to feel better.  They survived on whatever they could find to fix in the fridge, and then my business kit came.  I had worked 12 hours that day, sick...Hubbs opened the box, got everything out including the bean pot & cookbook that I bought to go with it.  He found a recipe in there that we had ingredients for, and proceeded to cook dinner.  Wait...WHAT?!?  My husband cooking?  I had to eat just to see if it was edible...and it was, it was GOOD.   I spent the next 2 days laying on the couch or in the bed, sleeping & trying to feel better.  All the while, this man I've had in my life for 11 years at the time was actually cooking using a bean pot & the bean pot cook book, and it was all delicious!

So now I'm a bean pot toting Designer!!  Hubby & son both use the bean pot to cook, and you know I do.  I'm a busy Mamma.  With scouts, piano, baseball, home school co-op field trips & clubs, who has time to cook?  I do because I can make a meal & have it on the table in 7-30 minutes, although it's 10-15 minutes average & I can teach you to do the same.  Does your family table need a weeknight makeover?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your are really a busy momma keeping them all in line , lol at your house. Nice article,very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was a great cook. In fact, he taught me to cook. Love how enthusiastic you are about Celebrating Home. I have a friend who was with Home Interior and she was just as enthusiastic. Hearing (or reading) that excitement in someone is almost contagious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you know this or not, but when Home Interior went out of business a few years ago, the owners of Home & Garden party bought them & that's how Celebrating Home was born. It's easy to be enthusiastic about such a great company & product line.

      Delete